This project would work equally well for Thanksgiving as Christmas. In fact, any celebration where you sit down with family and friends to enjoy a meal would be a great way to use these place cards.
The place card stands like a “tent”, and has a little box on the side for a goodie or note. I show some goodies in the video that will fit into each of the sizes.
- For the larger Thanksgiving version, I used:
- Cajun craze card stock: 5″ x 8″, scored on the long side at 1″, 4″, and 7″.
- Very vanilla card stock with banner die and largest stitched square die.
- Early espresso card stock with scalloped square to fit sentiment square.
- Painted Autumn paper, 3″ x 6″, scored on long side at 1/2″, 2 1/2″, 3 1/4″, and 5 1/4″, fold and secure into 2″ by 3/4″ sleeve.
- The Painted Harvest stamp set with cajun craze and crushed curry inks.
- See the video for how I cut the place card to accommodate the treat holder.
- For the smaller one, I used:
- Cajun craze card stock 4″ x 6″, score long side at 1″, 3″, and 5″.
- Very vanilla die cut with smallest stitched oval, and 5/8″ by 3 1/2″ for banner.
- Early espresso die cut with matching scalloped oval, and 1/2″ by 4″ for banner.
- Painted Autumn paper at 2″ x 4 1/2″, with long side scored at 1/2″, 2″, and 4″, then fold and secure into 1/2″ x 2″ sleeve.
- Stamped with Painted Harvest sentiment in Cajun Craze ink.
- See video tutorial for how to cut place card to accommodate holder.
The Christmas themed place cards were made in the same manner, but with Garden Green, Real Red, and Whisper White card stock, Real red ink, Garden Green or Quilted Christmas ribbon, and the Be Merry paper pack.
Just add your guest’s name, and pop in a little treat or note, and it makes for a lively tablescape. Of course, you may further embellish these to match your decor and celebration!
I hope you enjoy adding these to your holiday celebrations!
Until we meet again, I hope your days are blessed. ~Darby
*All supplies are Stampin’ Up! unless otherwise noted.