Even though we are still enjoying the Fall and all of the wonderful autumn celebrations, it is time to start creating some projects for Christmas. In our family, we have been giving small and meaningful gifts for many years, whether handmade or locally crafted. Selecting small, but meaningful presents, allows us to keep a better focus on the true gift of Christmas, Jesus Christ.
Christmas is such a beautiful time of year, and for it to be ruined by chaos and materialism is a shame. IMHO, it is much better to have peace and happiness in our hearts as we celebrate God’s Greatest Gift to us, His Son.
So, I try to start early and small, nothing too overwhelming. One of the first things on the list is getting the Christmas Card list and Cards created, so they can go in the mail early December. I do make additional cards for local nursing homes, but they will be hand delivered, so we do that as Christmas draws closer.
The card is a corner-flip card, and starts with a standard 5 1/2″ by 4 1/4″ card base. The corner is cut in a way to allow it to “flip” over, and the addition of a mat gives us a pocket on the inside.
I used the Star of Light stamp set by Stampin’ Up!, along with the matching framelits. With it’s Night of Navy and Whisper White, it gives a nice contrast to the Silver Glimmer Star that is featured. I love the elegant simplicity of this card, but it is also quite useful.
The inside pocket will hold notes, wallet size pictures of the kids, a tag for a heartfelt greeting or even a gift card. I have a hard time explaining this one without getting confusing, so here is the video which is much clearer.
Thank you for visiting! And, until we meet again, may your days be blessed. ~Darby
- Supplies: All Stampin’ Up!
- Card stock: Night of Navy 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card base, 2 1/2″ square
- Card stock: Whisper White: 5 1/4″ x 4″mat, 3 x 4 1/4″ mat, scrap for star, (4″x2″ for inside tag, if desired)
- Card stock: Silver glimmer paper: 2 3/4″ square, scrap for inner star diecut
- Ink: Night of Navy, Soft Sky
- Year of Cheer Washi Tape: 1/8″ silver, for inner pocket (could also use a 1/8″ strip of silver glimmer paper)
- Ribbon: Night of Navy wrinkle seam binding (for tag, if desired)